Cloud Nine Nut Spread
- • 1 cup Hazelnuts
- • 12 oz. Milk Chocolate
- • 2 tbsp. CannaOil
- • 3 tbsp. Confectioners Sugar
- • 1 tbsp. Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- • 1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extractk
- • 3/4 tsp. Salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F
2. Spread the hazelnuts in a single layer on a baking sheet and toast them in the oven for about 12 minutes, until they’ve browned a little and the skins are blistered a little. Wrap them in a kitchen towel and rub vigorously to remove as much loose skin as possible.
3. Melt the chocolate in a saucepan over gently simmering water or in the microwave. Stir until smooth. Let cool completely.
4. In a food processor, grind the hazelnuts until they form a paste. Add the oil, sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla, and salt and continue processing until the mixture is as smooth as possible-or as smooth as you like. Add the melted chocolate, blend well, and then strain the mixture to remove any chunks of hazelnut that remain.
5. Scrape your homemade nutella into a jar or other resealable container and let it cool to room temperature. Cover the container after snitching several spoonfuls. The nutella will keep on the counter for up to 2 weeks.
This homemade version almost tastes better than the store bought stuff, and has a silky smooth texture that makes it nearly irresistible. Perfect as a spread, dip, or filling.